Get Paid to Learn Carpentry in Milwaukee — $750 Signing Bonus
Join a company dedicated to developing youth apprentice carpenters, even if you have no experience. At AMCSI, you won’t be doing cleanup or sweeping duty. You’ll receive unparalleled paid carpentry training with one-on-one instruction and continued education classes. If you’re ambitious, eager to learn the skills of the trade, and looking for a golden opportunity to get your foot in the door for woodworking, AMCSI has your back.
Many youth apprentices at AM Construction Services, Inc. go on to be sponsored in registered apprenticeships, receiving credits to further their careers in carpentry. Choosing AMCSI ensures you’ll receive quality training and the opportunity for a stable, long-fulfilling career. Once you go full-time we ensure you and your family are taken care of with benefits including 401k matching, quality insurance, and more!
Ditch the Conventional 4-Year Degree Path of Debt and Find a Career in Carpentry with Instant $$$
It's no secret the traditional 4-year college degree path has become less affordable in the US. Students who graduate from a US college in 4 years average $32,000 of student loan debt. It's estimated students who take out a 10-year student loan will pay between $8,000 - $9,000 in interest over time, assuming employment is found upon graduation.
When you apply to become a youth apprentice carpenter at AMCSI, you'll fulfill one of the immediate 89,000 carpenter laborer job openings in the country. AMCSI youth apprentice assistants after 4 years will make $50,000/yr on average with an estimated $148,000 worth of earnings and 0 debt accumulated before college graduates of the same class year graduate. Not to mention the satisfaction of being in a construction apprenticeship, learning woodworking skills, and building structures that will be used for decades to come.
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION ON YOUTH CARPENTER APPRENTICESHIPS OR APPLY HERE TO GET STARTED.
Benefits for Carpenters at AMCSI
AM Construction Services, Inc. helps employees with training, requires minimal travel, and we work through the winter. We look after our employees and ensure they have the tools at their disposal to further their career. We offer proactive raises, bonuses, profit sharing and more:
We offer classroom education sessions to help you sharpen your abilities and learn new skills. We value your skill set, and will help you improve. A carpenter’s tools aren’t just what he wears around his belt.
We want our carpenters to know they aren’t just working for payment today, but also for the future. We’ll help you work toward a stable retirement.
We give you the tools to make a future in rough and finish carpentry, and we’ll pay you for it. Our one-on-one training will turn a green carpenter into a pro. Our apprentice-style training is more than just “on the job experience”.
We want our rough and finish carpenters to be healthy and productive, and we offer competitive health, dental, and vision plans to keep them on the job.
How To Become A Youth Carpenter Apprentice at AMCSI in Milwaukee
- Take note of your current carpentry skills. Make an honest assessment of your level of confidence in rough and finish carpentry skills. Be sure to note if you've worked at a youth construction job in the past. We’ll use this as your starting point in your training classes. Becoming a carpenter requires keen attention to detail and the willingness to keep learning. While a background in woodworking is nice to have, ultimately, this is an entry-level opportunity with endless room to grow through training. AMCSI can help get you where you want to be.
- Apply to become a youth apprentice carpenter and get trained at AMCSI. Enter a new and exciting career with the BEST local entry-level carpenter in Southeastern Wisconsin.
- Gain experience and enjoy a fulfilling career. The demand for carpenters is growing faster than can be met. By securing a woodworking apprenticeship, you’ll enjoy a career with job security and the ability to raise your earnings year by year with continued growth. There’s nothing more satisfying than knowing you’re a part of building the American dream.
Commercial and Residential Carpentry Training
You’ll gain experience at AMCSI in residential and commercial framing, roughing, trim, and finishing carpentry, all while you get paid and receive benefits!
We'll Train you — No Experience Required!
- Floor Installation
- Window Door Framing
- Trim and Molding
- Stair Construction
- House Framing
- Scaffold Building
- Interpret architectural blueprints and engineering plans with precision.
- Expertly shape lumber into various structural components through precise measurements and cutting.
- Assemble sturdy frameworks using a combination of nails, screws, and specialized fasteners.
- Thoroughly inspect and validate that the final construction aligns precisely with original specifications, consistently adhering to rigorous building codes and regulations.
- Foster and maintain a meticulously organized and clean job site, executing proper disposal of waste materials.
- Employ a troubleshooting mindset to swiftly address and rectify any issues or defects, making necessary repairs or adjustments.
- Skillfully construct exterior walls, roofs, and stairwells.
- Execute the roughing of interior walls and floors with precision.
- Complete the installation of cabinetry and doors with meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a sharp and analytical approach to critical thinking in complex carpentry scenarios.
- Exhibit the capability to seamlessly juggle multiple tasks within fast-paced and dynamic work environments.
- Embrace a relentless sense of dedication and an unwavering work ethic.
- Display a genuine willingness and enthusiasm for ongoing learning and professional growth.
- Hold a High School diploma or GED as the baseline educational qualification.
AMCSI hires carpenters from all over Southeast Wisconsin. See the driving distance to your new job!
Carpentry Jobs (starting location)
|Distance to AMCSI HQ||Driving Distance (minutes)|
|Brookfield||11.3 miles||20 minutes|
|Franklin||10 miles||21 minutes|
|Greendale||5.9 miles||16 minutes|
|Greenfield||5.4 miles||13 minutes|
|Hales Corners||7.4 miles||17 minutes|
|Madison||76.8 miles||79 minutes|
|Menomonee Falls||15.9 miles||32 minutes|
|Milwaukee||5.5 miles||11 minutes|
|Muskego||14.8 miles||23 minutes|
|New Berlin||7.9 miles||21 minutes|
|Oak Creek||14.3 miles||27 minutes|
|Pewaukee||15 miles||22 minutes|
|Racine||28.6 miles||43 minutes|
|Shorewood||9.9 miles||25 minutes|
|South Milwaukee||12.6 miles||30 minutes|
|Sussex||20.3 miles||30 minutes|
|Waukesha||16.7 miles||24 minutes|
|Wauwatosa||4.6 miles||11 minutes|
|West Allis||2.1 miles||9 minutes|
CONTACT AMCSI FOR MORE INFO ON BECOMING A YOUTH APPRENTICE OR APPLY HERE TO GET STARTED.
Here’s what our employees have to say...
Working at AMCSI as a finish carpenter, I’ve personally completed a wide range of projects. Including MLB commissioner Bud Selig’s office, Potawatomi Casino’s new high-end sushi bar RuYi, prestigious country clubs, golf courses, churches, colleges, multi-million dollar homes, and so much more. If you&rsquo... Read More
The reasons why I like working with AMCSI is that it's not only a job, it's also a lifestyle. You’re not hired based solely on knowledge of the trade, but on your willingness to learn. This company is very family-oriented and generously rewards hard work.
The wide variety of projects keeps it fun. Great benefits and pay keep every employee great too. Nobody is just a number here…management truly cares. I'm proud to be an AMCSI tradesman because of the caliber of people we hire and the quality of work we deliver. After being a carpenter for over 20 years, I’ve ne... Read More
Owners Ken and Bart have a passion to build the company…with not just themselves in mind but dozens of employees. Every bit of effort exerted is returned equally. AMCSI emphasizes training to increase your knowledge, creating a strict but fair expectation of employees. Understanding that quality tools get the job don... Read More
There are tons of reasons I enjoy working with AMCSI. The management listens to feedback, provides the skills we need to be successful, and works as hard—or harder—as they expect us to work. The work is reliable and the pay and benefits are the top in the industry. I enjoy the people I work with and love the fac... Read More